- This event has passed.
(Optional) Your First Classroom: Tips on Resumes and Interview Skills with School Districts
February 5, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm UTC-4
This session will provide practical tips on effective resumes and how to perform during an interview with a school district. Participants will learn about the components of a competitive resume, how to prepare for a successful interview and sample questions that will be asked during the interview process.
Note: This session will be held twice, on December 10th 2020 and February 5th 2021.
We are very excited to welcome Vince MacDonald, PhD Former Director of Education, Huron Perth Catholic District School Board.
We will learn about the common qualities and experiences that school boards are looking for when hiring. We will review the essential components of a professional, teaching-focused resume. We will learn about school boards’ interview process and how to prepare.
By the end of the session:
- I can identify the elements of a professional resume and what school districts are looking for.
- I can describe practical and evidence-informed strategies for a successful interview
- I can review sample interview questions and know what to expect during the interview process.
Zoom Session Password: Hired
Resources from Session:
- Presentation Slides – download
- Mock Resume – download
- Mock Interview Questions – download
- Career Expo – Virtual Employer Displays